Inquire about the availability of documents in alternate formats.
The First 5 Sacramento website enables behavioral marketing and complies with applicable law with respect to behavioral marketing purposes.
- We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a website. This information includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
- We use the aggregated information from all of our visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns and improve the content of our site.
- We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
- Some of our online services require you to register for an account. We ask you for some personal information in order to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services, such as our online payment services, we may request credit card or other payment information which may be stored temporarily in encrypted form on secure servers.
Additionally, the First 5 Sacramento website uses software programs for the purpose of monitoring network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and the security purposes mentioned elsewhere in this notice, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
"Personal information" is information about an individual that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. Personal information includes personal identifiers such as an individual's name, address, and phone number. A domain name or IP address is not considered personal information. First 5 Sacramento strives to collect the minimum information necessary to comply with applicable law or provide the requested service. First 5 Sacramento does not sell, rent or otherwise distribute visitor's information, including electronic mail addresses, to any outside company or organization, unless legally required to do so. This applies to information that may be collected on the First 5 Sacramento site and on that of any third party with whom First 5 Sacramento contracts to provide Internet related services. If you choose to participate in a survey, send an email, or perform other transactions using this portal, the following additional information may be collected:
- Your email address, and contents of emails sent through the portal - for purposes of providing you with a response.
- Information volunteered in response to a survey or through online forms - for purposes identified by the survey or online form.
- Information volunteered by participating in an online transaction with First 5 Sacramento - for purposes of completing the transaction only.
The information collected may not be limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and graphic information formats you send us. The information is retained in accordance with the First 5 Sacramento’s policies. We may use your email to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve our web site, or to forward the email to another agency for appropriate action. Survey information would be used for the purpose designated.
Communications made through the First 5 Sacramento ‘s website shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to First 5 Sacramento, its agencies, officers, employees, representatives, or agents with respect to any existing, pending, or future claim or cause of action against First 5 Sacramento or any of its agencies, officers, employees, representatives, or agents where notice is required by federal, state, or local law. No communication to First 5 Sacramento made through this website shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose.
This site is operated and maintained by the County of Sacramento through the Department of Technology (referred to as “DTech”). Materials and information on the First 5 Sacramento website are provided as a public service and intended to afford general guidelines on matters of public interest. Accordingly, the information in this site is not intended to serve as legal, accounting or tax advice. Except for the third party materials described below, the materials and information on this site were generated, compiled, or assembled at public expense and are freely available for non-commercial, non-profit making use, provided the user keeps intact all associated copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices. The materials and information on this site may not be "mirrored" on another server without the written permission of First 5 Sacramento.
Attempts to upload information or change information on the First 5 Sacramento website are strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing by First 5 Sacramento.
The County has implemented security measures and systems into the design, implementation and day-to-day operation of its portal, underlying servers and networks. The County progressively implements new security measures as they become available on the market. Security measures are primarily to identify and/or block unauthorized intrusions, upload or change information or otherwise cause damage to the First 5 Sacramento website.
- If you wish to access information, First 5 Sacramento may use a session-only cookie to reserve storage on your computer in order to pass your inquiry information to a follow-on page for the purposes of retrieving requested information. The session-only cookies are erased either during web browser operation or after your web browser is shut down.
The First 5 Sacramento website and the selection of sites to which it may be linked are not intended to serve as a forum for free discussion. Instead, these web pages are posted to serve the need to make useful and practical information available to Sacramento County residents, businesses, and visitors that facilitates provision of a First 5 Sacramento service.
Links to other sites from the First 5 Sacramento website are provided at the discretion of First 5 Sacramento and are provided as a convenience for users of this site. Sites that are linked from First 5 Sacramento are reviewed periodically to confirm that the link still furthers First 5 Sacramento purposes. First 5 Sacramento reserves the right to refuse to post any website link or to delete links already posted at any time without notice. In the event you discover problems with or have concerns regarding the format, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of a linked external website, please contact the organization responsible for the linked external website. First 5 Sacramento does not control nor is it responsible for any linked external websites, pages or content.
The content of First 5 Sacramento web pages is copyrighted, and contains some third party images/graphics that are used with permission. Users are notified, therefore, that one should presume the need to obtain permission from the copyright holder before reproducing or otherwise using images/graphics from this website. First 5 Sacramento does not give permission for images to be downloaded or saved for any reason.